Yesterday morning we took a drive up north with our friends, the Stokes, for the Yaedake Sakura Matsuri (Cherry Blossom Festival). We chose to go to Mt. Yaedake in Motobu, where 7,000 cherry trees line the road up to the top of the mountain. The blossoms were out in full force and were absolutely beautiful!
At one point we parked the car and started hiking up to the top. We certainly weren't the only ones doing the trek. Sadly, it was much farther and steeper than we originally thought (and Krista felt some strange pull towards playing in the middle of the road) so Ed ran back and rescued us with the car.
And one last shot 'cuz they're so stinkin' gorgeous!
10 comments:
In Japan they drive on the other side of the road? I thought that was England, Australia and Hong Kong!
P.S. those are stinkin' gorgeous!
HOW BEAUTIFUL!!
Gorgeous. Going north is soooo beautiful. We made yakisoba for dinner last week. We are still freezing in coats and gloves in the middle of a foggy inversion. I'll be glad for spring blossoms. Your pictures give me hope.
The trees are so beautiful! I'm envious of your attire... it's snowing outside for us today. We miss you guys so much. Jaron still talks about "Oki-la-la" occasionally. Love you guys!
Gorgeous! There's nothing but brown grass and empty trees around here.
What a time to be there! It is so beautiful and your pictures are great.
The cherry blossoms are beautiful! I sure do miss it sometimes. At least I can look at your pretty pictures :)
Wow, you are in such a beautiful place! I am envious. Glad you had a good Valentines Day...I really admire all of you women who go through so much without husbands around.
Wow, you are in such a beautiful place! I am envious. Glad you had a good Valentines Day...I really admire all of you women who go through so much without husbands around.
Post a Comment