Pages

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Randomness

I'm just going to get this out of the way right now: our camera is dead. So there are no "new" pictures for this post. However, I've been going back through our "old" pictures, and you all have missed out on some gems.

The Daihatsu Naked. Yet another car I'd love to say I own. (Sorry it's so blurry, I've been trying to get a shot of this one for months!)

This is Keira's best friend, Rylissa. These girls are like sisters. They love like sisters, they play like sisters, and they fight like sisters. But what always amazes me is, no matter how mad they get at each other, they are so quick to forgive and forget. One second they'll put each other in tears and the next they'll be holding hands and giggling. Right this moment they are sitting on the same small chair, coloring together and telling each other jokes. I love that Keira has someone that is so special to her, and we'll be soooooo sad when they move later this year.

This is what happens when Ed gets ahold of the camera. Don't ask me why I'm putting this one on here. Purely for the sake of silliness, I guess.

Ed wondered why I hadn't put this video on yet - it's from our trip to Neo Park in December. Neo Park is a sort of petting zoo where you can feed exotic birds and lemurs, ride giant turtles, and see a pig nurse off a dog. Keira is terrified of all animals, as you can slightly see here, so this place was pure torture for her.

It would probably be appropriate to catch you up on our latest happenings, not that there is much to tell. Ed has been in Oklahoma for almost a month now, training to become an instructor pilot. I spoke in District Conference last week and completely lost control of my body - I was shaking like a leaf! I had to read my talk word-for-word, which is something I've never had to do before - normally I get by on notes. It was all quite embarassing. I also accompanied the choir for 3 musical numbers (plus the primary for a 4th), and was as calm as can be...it's obvious where I am more comfortable.

Kimberlee is cartwheeling her way through life - literally. Every time we stop for a few seconds on our walks to and from school she drops her backpack and does cartwheels. She is loving gymnastics, and claims it is all so easy (my little know-it-all). And for the most part she makes it look easy. I noticed yesterday that she can almost do the splits. She tries to copy the girls from the higher levels, and is pretty proud of her one-armed round-offs. I'm impressed that she hasn't injured herself yet.

Keira has recently become very concerned with following the rules, and with doing her chores....mostly because she is learning to read them! She is sounding out some words and loves to tell me what things say. I'm thinking she'll be more than ready for Kindergarten in the fall. The other day we were all in the car, and Keira dropped something. I can't remember what it was, but it was important enough that I told her to undo her seatbelt and hop down and get it. She started panicking, so I again told her it would be okay to be out of her seatbelt for a second or two. She continued to fret, and finally I ordered her in a stern voice to take off her seatbelt. She cried, "No! I will go to jail!" I'm glad we've adequately put fear of the law into our children's heads.

Krista has started calling Keira by her name. I can see you all saying, "Yes...and?" You see, before Krista could even say her own name, she has called Keira "Keira-pants." This was especially fun when she was upset with Keira: "Keira-pants hit me!" or "Keira-pants make me sad." Suddenly Krista has dropped the "pants" and it feels like the end of an era. But she still has to call herself "Krista Mae" - never just "Krista" - so I guess the era isn't completely over.

Okay. That's all folks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...instructor pilot. Does that mean you are coming back to the states soon? Oklahoma? When are you off? Details chica.

Nancy said...

I'm sad about the loss of "pants." It was so cute.

Lu said...

Can't believe Keira is starting to read! They grow up so fast! Loved the "going to jail" story:)

Grandma and Bonka said...

Loved remembering Neo park. She really did freak out with the lemurs. Very cute post.

TNIRYAN said...

Good to know that I'm not the only one who can't get by on notes when giving a talk. I've pretty much given up even trying. If they want me to just go on notes, they'll have to only give me a day's notice. And the shaking is terrible! Even with the piano. It's all from the waist down, though. You can't tell when I stand at the pulpit. I even shake when I don't think I'm nervous. It's not fair!