Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween 2009

For Ed, who missed his favorite holiday with his favorite girls.

Halloween 2009 began with a little Guitar Hero (and ironically, ended with it, as the last words I heard Krista say yesterday were "Beat it, beat it, no one wants to beat it...heartbreaker, dream-maker, don't you mess around with me!")
The Stokes invited us and others over for a "husbandless Halloween party," part of which included carving pumpkins. Krista couldn't decide if she liked the goo, Keira felt responsible for getting every seed out...
...and Kimberlee scooped all the guts out of her friend's pumpkin (he didn't care to touch it) with glee.
The finished product, a truly collaborative effort - Keira drew the eyes, Kimberlee drew the mouth, Krista chose the shape of the nose, and Mom did the carving.
Later the kids dipped marshmallows in chocolate and decorated them. Of course my kids were more concerned with eating than decorating.
And finally, the best part of Halloween - dressing up! My little witch:
My little (Snow White) princess:
Krista decided last minute to be Mike Wazowski, which I thought was a brilliant choice. My little monster:
We met up with the Stokes again and went trick-or-treating in the rain....which meant we all came home looking like drowned rats.
All in all, a good day. Happy Halloween everyone!

3 comments:

rylissite said...

Every door we went to, since Tayzia was so slow, I got to hear the comments about Krista's costume, I guess there weren't many Mikes out there, becuase I kept hearing "Come see this costume, it's great!" Or "This is my favorite by far!" So Krista was very popular!

Grandma and Bonka said...

The girls look soooo cute, Sorry it rained on their parade.

Allen Family said...

We just did the 15 minute trunk-or-treat. Luckily it didn't rain until a little bit after we were done. It had rained that morning and we even had a tornado warning at one point. But it cleared up for a bit. Typical South. I love the costumes...especially Mike W.