Pages

Monday, June 07, 2010

Kokeshi Kimmee

For Mother's Day the Activity Day girls (8-11 yr. olds in our church) got dressed up in kimonos, had their hair and makeup done, and got their pictures taken. I got Kimmee's pictures on Sunday, and I love them!
Kimberlee has already started to get upset about leaving Okinawa (we're supposed to move towards the end of this year, though where and when we don't know yet). She doesn't want to leave her friends, but she also LOVES her island home. She loves the food, she loves the language, she loves the clothing, she loves the beaches, she loves the cartoons...I think she wishes she was Japanese.

I think she'd make a very cute Kokeshi doll.

10 comments:

rachel garber said...

You are giving ME anxiety just writing that you will be gone by the end of the year! I need you to stay and let me live Japan through you!

LA Law said...

WOW!

Amy K said...

Oh she looks so pretty.

The Aguilars' said...

She is adorable. I miss our island home too. She makes a cute kokeshi doll.

Parkes Family said...

Cute! She's right though, you will miss the island more than you will ever realize!

Law Family said...

She makes a beautiful little Kokeshi dolly! I'm sure she will miss it, you've had some wonderful opportunities there!

LA Law said...

I'm excited you put Alaska on your list...now if only you actually move here! I will keep my fingers crossed!

Lu said...

Wow! She looks beautiful! Wish we had more of a timeline as to when we will get our next assignment! Love it here but still would like some sort of plan! I have loved following your blog and your Japan adventures!

Mindy said...

So pretty! What great pics.

Music Mama said...

She makes a perfect little doll! So pretty!