This week was all about celebrating something that happened 10 years ago...
Our wonderful friends Angie and Tim offered to take our kids for us so that we could celebrate this significant occasion in style (and peace).
We took a ferry to Tokashiki Island, which happens to be part of the Keramas Islands, which happen to have some of the most amazing dive sites in the world.

Look at us, so happy to be alone...

Just kidding, we had to bring punk #4.

Thankfully, Kassie Jo was quite cooperative, and even gave us the gift of sleeping through the night in the hotel - priceless.

We took a bus ride from one side of the island, over the steep mountains, to the other side to get to our hotel (the green roof on the bottom left) on Tokashiku Bay. The sweet bus driver saw Ed taking this picture and stopped the bus for him.
We got to enjoy a Japanese buffet,

snorkeling (where Ed swam with several large sea turtles and away from a large sting ray),

and a beautiful sunset.

I sure love this man. Here's to the next forever.
A few of our other weekly happenings:

Krista found the stickers again.

We ate more sushi.

Kassie became a crawling fool.
And......(drum roll)....

Ed got accepted to the PHOENIX REACH program flying the C-130! Hopefully in the next few weeks we'll get a location and a moving date.
For our final week we're having a special visitor...
15 comments:
I don't EVER want you guys to move from there - how am I going to get my fix of Asia if you're not there!?
Congrats on ten years - and subsequently, eternity!
Gosh...where did the last 10 years go? That is completely crazy, but awesome. Congrats on that! Glad you had a fun little weekend without the older girls and glad that Kassie slept for you. Can't wait to hear about your assignment. Love you all much!...and miss you tons.
Looks like paradise. Glad you had a great time.
You didn't say that Phoenix was even an option. That's sooo much closer than Germany.
Happy ten years to you! How nice to get away...something we haven't accomplished yet :(
Looks like fun. Can't wait to hear about your adventures with Spencer. We spent our anniversary rained out in a tent in Switzerland with 2 screaming kids and a lady from our branch tagging along. Not ideal, but we had fun. There will be a blog post once I feel like I'm dry. Happy 10th to you! Love the pictures.
I got to know what you're doing to get Kassie to make that face.
We pinch her, of course. No, it's just Kassie's special "something is happening so I'm going to start hyperventilating" face. You'd have to see it in person to know what I'm talking about....hmmm, maybe we should arrange that?
What a fun little trip! It looks like you had so much fun!
Congrats on 10 years and on the new plane. Had enough of the KC-135? I can't wait to see where you all go!
Coming my way?
What an AWESOME anniversary trip! You guys have done so much more in Okinawa that we did! And congrats on Crossflow! woohoo!
Oh my gosh, I miss and love you guys so much!!! You need to call me when you can. 863-255-9269
Great pictures and congrats on the program that Ed got into to. Did he have to do a special dance to get into that? I bet he is killer at the macarena...
So glad you got a getaway. Wish I could have babysat for you - I would have even watched the punk:) Reminds me of the getaway I had when dad went to some kind of city convention at Sun Valley - had to bring Brian and even though we stayed in a hotel it had a kitchen and I cooked. Blah! But while dad was in meetings Brian and I strolled all over the place - very pretty. Congrats on 10 years and crossflow!!! Life gets funner and funner doesn't it?!
Post a Comment