Ed was able to get 3 weeks of leave in August, and our plan was to try to get on a space-a flight home for several family reunions. And try we did, but it wasn't to be. In an effort to curb our homesickness and enjoy Ed's time off, we decided to make the most of our vacation on our sub-tropical island home. We still have several things on our list of to-do's before we move away, so why not now?
We started with 10,000 Eisa Dancers on Kokusai Street.
Instead of trying to find parking in the madness, we rode the monorail. The Okinawans were much more patient with our brood than the businessmen in Tokyo...so I'm not sure why the girls look so somber.

I thought the whole thing was rather pleasant.
The next day was a trip to Cafe Curacuma (i.e. Thai in the Sky).
Keira ate all the naan, but there was plenty of edamame and tom yum and spring rolls.
Ed kept the green curry for himself since the rest of us couldn't handle the spice.
Kassie chose to forgo the thai but enjoyed her apples and oatmeal.
Afterwards we wandered the beautiful grounds - it's called Thai in the Sky because it's on top of a mountain and the view is breathtaking.
We spent the next 4 days at Okuma, the military resort on the north end of the island. First order of business: parasailing!
The next day was a trip to Cafe Curacuma (i.e. Thai in the Sky).
6 comments:
Looks like fun!!!! Love all the pictures!
You're making me REALLY miss Okinawa right now! Shame on you! Glad you had so much fun in spite of you missing your family in the States.
How fun!
What a wonderful time. I can't believe the girls went parasailing. What courage.
That does look like a wonderful time! Beautiful pictures! Not sure about the parasailing, I'm sure I would have had a heart attack! Glad you liked it though!
Totally jealous once again. You are there in amazing Japan doing cool things and I am here in Mississippi just trying to pass the time and not go out into the hot, humid weather. I'm excited for when you might finally be a little closer. When do you find out what your next assignment will be?
Post a Comment