Pages

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Here we go again

We are back in school! Kimberlee has started 3rd grade (still in the Japanese Partial Immersion class) and Keira is in 1st grade. They were up and ready bright and early Monday morning, and then had to sit around for a couple hours until it was time to leave. I hope moving back to the states will cure them of their Japanese habit of making the peace sign for every picture...
Krista had to get in on the action as well - she'll start preschool next week. She doesn't quite understand the point of the peace sign. I'm not sure what the 4 is supposed to mean.
Keira and Rylissa walking to school. The best friends are in the same class again. People are going to think we request these things!
Kimberlee gets really nervous until she starts seeing all her friends. Here she's talking clothes with her friends Claire and Julia.
Keira dropping off her stuff in her classroom. No hesitation on her part.
Lining up. She's been talking about the boy in front of her quite a bit - he's been labeled "my new friend Samuel."
The girls came home the first day excited and happy about their classes. Looks like it's going to be a great couple of months!
Which brings me to our latest moving news...we got our assignment to Little Rock, Arkansas and will be leaving Okinawa in early November. Arkansas has never been a place we've planned on living, but neither was Japan, and we've certainly loved it here. It's a little last-minute, so I imagine the next 2 months will be a whirlwind of getting ready for the move and saying goodbye to Okinawa. Here we go again!

3 comments:

rachel garber said...

Little Rock! That is crazy! I think I'm excited for you . . . are you excited!? Or sad? I would understand the sad part - abroad is so much cooler than here at home :)

Law Family said...

Arkansas, well atleast you will be a little closer to home! Good luck with the moving process! The girls look really cute (as usual) for their first day of school!

lori parkhurst said...

It looks like they had a great first day of school! They look so cute!