Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

The house

A couple weeks before we left Okinawa, Ed space-a'd out to Little Rock to find us a house. It was a whirlwind, but he came away successful - meet our new home:


entry way
living room

master bedroom

a small glimpse of the master closet - ahhhhh

Kimberlee's room - Ed told her there was a room with a pink wall and pink ceiling fan and she immediately claimed it as her own.

kitchen

bonus room - huge room above the garage

back of the house

back yard

2650 sq ft, 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bath, 1/2 acre lot, end of a cul-de-sac...we love it. We closed on Dec. 3rd and got our unaccompanied baggage shipment shortly after. Then came a few new pieces of furniture. Then came living in it...here are the girls getting off the bus for the first time:

Sadly, the rest of our stuff didn't arrive for over a month, which meant we had to get a little creative.

Like making cars out of boxes.

And eating on the floor.
And finding a solution for no open dryers at the laundromat.


Our last shipment came Jan. 11th, so we're still trying to get everything put together. Once it's more presentable I'll post "finished" pics.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new house again, hope you are getting settled in and feeling at home soon!

emily said...

Your house looks awesome! That was a good idea for Ed to go out space A to househunt. Scott didn't want to pick out a house alone - he thought I wouldn't like what he picked. :) But it looks like Ed did a great job! Good luck getting unpacked!

Michelle Ross said...

Its a beautiful house!

Anonymous said...

Nice house! I bet you are loving it, that kitchen looks awesome! Thanks for updating, my day is complete now! ;-)

Liz said...

Love the house! Wow - I'll tell you there's nothing like it here in Fairbanks, Alaska.

I keep saying I don't want to live in base housing any more but then we keep doing it.

Shaulan said...

I'm trying to catch up, and I just saw these pictures of your GORGEOUS house! Ohh! It looks fabulous with everything you need and LOTS OF ROOM! I love the kitchen! Congrats! Air Force Wives deserve a nice big house after living on base(s)!