You know, I've been feeling kind of like a bad mother these last few weeks. We've all been counting down the days until school started, and I felt guilty whenever someone would say how sad they were that summer was almost over and they would be sending their children away again. Because I'm not sad. I'm completely thrilled. It's not that I don't like my girls - far from it. But the girls LOVE school. They love workbooks and busy work and even wanted to do research and powerpoint presentations this summer. They missed their school friends and really got tired of our house. They thrive on schedules and having a purpose, and I didn't do a good job of providing those things the last few months. So we are whole-heartedly embracing this change. Bring on the school year!
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
The first day
The happiest day of the year has arrived!
We now have a big 4th grader....
A big second grader...
And a big preschooler!
Krista is in Pre-K at the same school as her older sisters. It's all day, including lunch and riding the bus. I normally wouldn't do that, but Krista just missed the cut-off for Kindergarten, and she wants to go to school so bad. She was SO excited this morning - if you didn't know Krista and her quiet little happiness, you wouldn't have been able to tell. When we walked into her classroom she was ready to get to work - it kind of threw her off that everyone was playing first. She's so ready for school.
You know, I've been feeling kind of like a bad mother these last few weeks. We've all been counting down the days until school started, and I felt guilty whenever someone would say how sad they were that summer was almost over and they would be sending their children away again. Because I'm not sad. I'm completely thrilled. It's not that I don't like my girls - far from it. But the girls LOVE school. They love workbooks and busy work and even wanted to do research and powerpoint presentations this summer. They missed their school friends and really got tired of our house. They thrive on schedules and having a purpose, and I didn't do a good job of providing those things the last few months. So we are whole-heartedly embracing this change. Bring on the school year!
You know, I've been feeling kind of like a bad mother these last few weeks. We've all been counting down the days until school started, and I felt guilty whenever someone would say how sad they were that summer was almost over and they would be sending their children away again. Because I'm not sad. I'm completely thrilled. It's not that I don't like my girls - far from it. But the girls LOVE school. They love workbooks and busy work and even wanted to do research and powerpoint presentations this summer. They missed their school friends and really got tired of our house. They thrive on schedules and having a purpose, and I didn't do a good job of providing those things the last few months. So we are whole-heartedly embracing this change. Bring on the school year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Hurray for the girls. They are so smart.
Glad I am not the only one who enjoys the structure of the kids being in school! I love school! And the kids do enjoy each other so much more when they have not spent all day together! Yay for school!
I'm ready for structure also. By the month of August, out house is very boring also. And the boys just want to "hang out" with friends all the time. So, I'm with you! Bring on the school year. Your girls are so darn cute!
I am so glad I am not the only mommy who is happy to see her kids go to school. Granted my reasons are slightly different than yours. . . Dad is deployed and this will keep them busy and make the days go by faster until he returns home in Feb. They are excited to be around anyone other than each other! :-)
I told you that you'd make it! Congrats! Krista looks so happy and grown up. It makes me sad, and happy at the same time. Enjoy your silence.
I am right there with you. I think my kids get tired of the same ol games and hanging out with each other day after day. The novelty of being somewhere new has worn off and I am too tired and big to do too much with them right now. We have 6 days before the school year starts here and I am really looking forward to the routine and the reduced referring that I will have to do soon!! don't feel guilty, you are a great mom!!!
I too love it when the kids go back to school. Although I'm exhausted because school starts an hour earlier here, I just can't seem to keep my kids happy and occupied in the summer. They did great on the road traveling all summer, but we ALL needed school to start this week!
Good for you! A good mother knows her children. And man, you stole our deal, we did the "show me your fingers" pose, too!
I love the structure and new beginnings that come with a new school year, too. I hope your girls have a great year!
You are not a bad mom. I am with you...the kids are so much better with the structure. They get so bored during summer. It's going to be tough in OK because they have a more normal school schedule (end of August to end of May). I have loved the beginning of August to middle of June. Summer is overrated. Enjoy the quiet while you can.
Post a Comment