Pages

Thursday, September 01, 2011

My weekend getaway

Hi Boydie! (I told my brother this one was going on the blog, but would he smile? Noooo...)

This last weekend my Kassie Jo and I spent some one-on-one time together. My little sister Lizzy was getting married, so Kassie and I flew to Idaho, drove to Utah, drove back to Idaho, and flew back to Arkansas, all in 4 days. It was super fun (for reals, I'm not even being sarcastic)! One of my favorite parts of the trip was seeing my Grandma Jo. Kassie had been screeching at everyone all weekend if they touched her, so when Aunt Marene grabbed her from behind I got ready to plug my ears. Miracle of miracles, she stayed calm enough to be introduced to her namesake.The rest of these pictures are of people most of you don't know, and probably don't care about. But they're my family, and I love them. The pictures aren't the best, but, well, that's because I'd rather be chatting with these long-lost people than sticking a camera in their faces.That is the bride and her new husband, David, behind her. I told you the pictures weren't the best. But isn't she pretty?!A few of my other pretty sisters. And yes, that blond one is my full sister, why do people keep asking me that? Yes, her hair is naturally that color, and naturally that curly. Seriously, is it that hard to believe?
My Aunt Tammy holding my niece Anine. She just might be the sweetest, most chill baby I've ever met.Before I left for Utah I was able to visit my sister-in-law Terese who just had baby Beckett. I wish I had had more time there - there is something so special about newborns. I got to hold him while he slept - once he started crying I handed him off to my mother-in-law. I'm nice like that.I'm thinking we need to move closer to Idaho so we can see all these lovely people more often!

3 comments:

Music Mama said...

Looks like fun :) Nothing like a weekend full of the ones we love but hardly ever see!

Jen said...

You are officially in trouble! Where was the phone call? I would have meet up with you...ooh I see I am the weird cousin! jk
I am in Alabama next week for three weeks. Email me maybe I can make it your way if it isn't too far.
jennicholson55@gmail.com

Allen Family said...

That is so exciting. But it is still weird that you little siblings are old enough to get married. I think I just don't like the thought because then it means we are getting older! YUCK!!! Glad you had a great trip though. Love ya!