...is a beautiful thing.
FOUR girls and EIGHT dolls has been sanity-saving for their mother.
One of the girls requested an American Girl doll for Christmas. They didn't really know anything about them, they just knew one of their friends was getting one. I couldn't do it - I couldn't stomach the price. But I had fond memories of my own Cabbage Patch doll as a kid (a curly-haired boy with glasses named Dillon), so we went that route instead. The girls have fallen in love with them. Their babies have to go with them everywhere and be involved in many of our family activities. The older 2 especially have spent hours being mothers. It's awesome.
Shortly after Ed left I had a bad day. I did a little venting on facebook. Next thing I knew, my squadron "secret sister" had dropped off some cookies and Webkinz for the kids. And the girls have fallen in love all over again. Now they have babies AND pets! We have had plenty of stuffed animals/baby dolls before, but for some reason these ones are different. And I'm loving it.
So meet the newest additions to our family:
Kimberlee is holding Dani Haley and Squak the Pink Cockatoo
Keira has Faith Janelle and Blossom the Parakeet
Krista has Lena Faith and Puff the Jack Russell Terrier
and Kassie has Elisa Ariel ("Baby") and Bird the Toucan
1 comment:
So cute! Great blog.
Post a Comment