Pages

Monday, July 02, 2012

Branson

We just had a super fun vacation to Branson, MO with Grandma and Bonka!  And by super fun, I mean get ready for a plethora of pictures.  If you've never been to Branson, the best way to describe it is like Vegas for families.  Lots of shows, lots of lights, lots of entertainment...in a family-friendly, Christian-values kind of way.

These guys greeted us as we arrived at the timeshare.  Can you see the mom and all 4 of her babies? 
This place had the most amazing, kid-friendly pool.  Even Kassie could wander around and not get in to (too much) trouble.




 Ed and I went on a dinner cruise on the Showboat Branson Belle.

Part of our entertainment was an aerial violinist.  You'd have to see it to believe it.  Weirdest thing ever, but definitely entertaining.
 Then there was more pool time.

 Grandma helped the girls make balloon headbands...
 ...and cookies.
Kimberlee is fascinated by the Titanic, so Ed and I took her to the Titanic Museum.  We each got a card with the name of a passenger, and at the end we learned if they survived or not.  Ed and I were both 3rd class passengers, and Kimberlee was in 1st class.  Guess which one of us lived...  Very interesting museum, we recommend it!
For Family Home Evening we went to Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede.  The buffalo and Belgian horses were a big hit.
After that show Ed and I took Kassie and headed home.  The three older girls got to stay with Grandma and Bonka for a couple more days.  They spent 2 full days at Silver Dollar City (an amusement park).

Don't look too hard, you might think these girls actually like each other!
 They rode some rides.
 This was a momentous occasion - Krista was tall enough to ride this one all by herself.


Kimberlee and Keira apparently think they're too old for the carousel.  Funny thing, they were both begging to ride it at the zoo a couple months ago...
 This one was the favorite.
 They watched some shows and Keira picked a favorite character.
 They had a water balloon fight in the parking lot,
 spent even more time at the pool,
 and finished their time off with the whirlpool bathtub.
Is it any surprise they came home exhausted with incredible tans?  We're all ready to do it again next year!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a splendid time, now that we are in IL we have been eyeing Branson as a get away location to meet up with extended family. Which timeshare did you stay at? Thanks for sharing!

MaryAnn said...

Mindy, we stayed at Escapes to Stonebridge Village. It was perfect!

rylissite said...

No, next summer I insist that you visit us! :D Wow, looks like your girls had tons and tons of fun! I love the jacuzzi tub pic, mostly cause we did the same thing on our way home! Ha! If we ever end up in Missouri, I'm taking us all to Branson, on your recommendation!

Law Family said...

My friends and I went to branson last year on a girls trip when we flew to Oklahoma to visit my friend Bliss. We saw a show with a group of brothers called "Six". I would highly recommend it! They are a group of brothers that are LDS so its very family friendly. It was fantastic! Looks like you guys had a fabulous time!

Grandma & Bonka said...

Great blog. Great memories.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip! I think we will be swinging through Branson this weekend on our way down to Dallas for J's simulator training, hard to believe we are going back after 8 years!

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

I loved Titanic, too. And wow, now it's obvious why your girls are so tan!