Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Some significant days

I've been sad.  In all the grief books they say you can't second-guess the decisions you make when you're in the middle of the situation, and I'm not...but I'm still a little sad that the girls never got to hold Kathryn.  This will have to do.   
 I'm grateful for things I can see and touch that are connected to Kathryn.  They help me.
On Friday she would have been 3 months.  I wrote a long, depressing post, but decided that doesn't help anyone, especially me.

So instead I'm going to tell you a happy story.  Once upon a time, a boy
 went to BYU and met a girl.  In a swimming pool.
 The girl's roommate Elle tried to protect the girl from the boy by "wrasslin" him,
 but after some time they decided to date anyway.
 Because they liked each other.
 One night the boy surprised both of them by asking the girl to marry him.
 She said yes.  So he gave her a ring.
 12 years and 1 day ago the boy took the girl to the temple to get married.
It was the happiest of days.  5 beautiful little girls, some good times and some hard times later they continue to live happily forever after.

The End.

11 comments:

Lys said...

So happy anniversary! And not The End, just slightly over the first decade of a long life together, a military life at that!
Keeping you in my thoughts.

KDoNae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KDoNae said...

Happy anniversary! I hope it was a wonderful day. I wish I could do something for your pain. I know that with time the lord can heal our hearts, and the promises of the gospel bring can bring strength. I love you and hope you are okay. I think about you a lot, and pray for your family on a regular basis.
On a happier not your family is so cute. You have gorgeous girls I hope to see you sometime in the future. Here is wishing you a wonderful day and a life time of happy years with ED and your girls.

Grandma & Bonka said...

Loved the pictures. Brings back such wonderful memories. You and Ed are two of my favorite people. Things will work out. See my quote from Pres. Hinkley on my Facebook. All our love.

Allen Family said...

I was even thinking about you and forgot to post. Happy Anniversary to both of you! I can't believe it was 12 years ago already. My has a lot happened in that timeperiod. Wow! Those pictures brought back tons of memories. They were a lot of good times. I miss you! I love you! I pray for you! I send you tons of hugs and kisses via airwaves (don't you feel them? Ha Ha Ha!) Anyways...love you. Can't wait for whenever we see each other again.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary sweetheart. Love you! MOM

Jamie Lamb said...

Happy Anniversary! Those pictures bring back memories for me, too. I think I lived in the same apartment the next year when I met Jarom...I even had some of the same roommates! I remember those awesome blue couches.

I'm sorry you've been sad. Sending you a hug in this comment. :)

Chitney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It seems like a short time ago that this all happened. A joyous union for life. I can't express my happiness for you two!!!

xxxooos
JJ

Whitney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meghan White said...

the two of you look exactly the same!!!