Today marks the beginning of yet another school year. Kimberlee is in 5th this year. Here in Cabot that is middle school and it's got my stomach in knots. Not because it's middle school (which is just 5th and 6th), but because she has to ride the "big kid" bus with all the high-schoolers. She is on the bus for an hour each way (getting on at the same time she was waking up last year), it's completely full and she is the tiniest person on there. But Kimmee is a brave girl and has promised me she will sit in the front, and I'm hopeful she'll find a friend.
Keira is in 3rd and has one of her best friends in her class again...which is not a good thing if you ask her parents. There is also another girl who can be quite the bully who has been in Keira's class 3 years in a row now. Sigh. But her teacher seems awesome!Krista is in Kindergarten and also seems to have a pretty awesome teacher. And those two still get to ride the bus with the wonderful Miss Debbie. Lucky, lucky.
I'm so glad I still have my Sass at home. Things are too quiet already.
5 comments:
They are so cute! I can't believe Kimmee has to ride the bus with the big kids. That would give me anxiety too.
I hope they have a great school year and that you do too.
They are soooo cute for their first day. Love the backpacks. Krista is so grown up. Tears....
Wow...Kimmee is on the big kid bus. That is scary. Both because she is getting so grown up and she's with the big kids. I'm sure she will be great. I hope they all have a great year!
In Alaska, the bus rides were long like that too. It was really spread out so the bus rides were long. Because they were so long, lots of parents started taking their kids. So, they consolidated the bus routes because there weren't very many kids....which just made the ride even longer. It was a terrible cycle. Good Luck!
THey are all as beautiful as their mother!! yay for Sassy time!!
Post a Comment