Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Tis the Season

Allow me a moment to document some of our Christmas festivities:
 
We decorated the house.
5 years and this set still makes me smile.  I love my nativity.
For our ward Christmas party all the primary children were asked to dress as any part of the nativity.  Krista chose shepherd and was lucky enough to sit next to our one sheep.
Keira was an angel (along with almost every other girl) and had a last-minute speaking part that she did awesome at.
Kimberlee was a shepherd as well and was angry that I even made her participate.  She stopped complaining as soon as she saw the massive pile of treats everyone brought.  I brought home my entire dessert because there was just too much other yumminess.

Ed's squadron does a Kid's Christmas party every year.  The girls colored and stamped stockings,
 and decorated cookies,
 and got gifts from Santa, even though not a single one of them sat on his lap.
 Kassie wasn't shy in the slightest and was thrilled to hear her name called.
My sweet mother-in-law decorated Kathryn's grave for me (along with the poinsetta from Ed's aunt Mary).  I'm happy we buried Kathryn where we did, but sometimes I hate being so far away and I'm grateful there are others who will do what I can't.
Today the girls are out of school for Christmas break and I decided to take them to Walmart to pick out some ornaments for Kathryn.  Despite the limited selection everyone found something that reminded them of her.
The week between Kathryn's birth and the funeral Ed and I spent a lot of time on our back deck.  We have a secluded backyard that opens up into forest, and the weather was perfect for being outside.  There were many bright blue and red birds that would come sit in our trees and now I can't see those birds without thinking of her.  So I chose a cardinal ornament.
Kassie chose a bell.  I know she has no idea what the ornament is for, but she loves that bell.  Intensely. :)
Krista originally chose a purple bow, and then a purple butterfly, and then a blue star, and finally settled on a bird as well.
Keira had a hard time deciding as well, and finally ended up with a white bird.  They may have chosen birds because I did, but I love that we have a few Kathryn birds now.
 Kimberlee immediately chose an angel "because it reminds me of where she is."
Love my thoughtful girls.

Now we just need Grandma and Bonka and Spencer to arrive and the real fun can begin!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Merry Christmas to all the Andersons

rylissite said...

Love, love, love! Love your girls, love you guys! Merry Christmas!

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

What a sweet reminder. Merry Christmas to the Anderson girls! And Ed. :)