Kassie has been teaching me all sorts of lessons lately. Maybe not lately. Maybe I'm just finally figuring some things out. Here are a few of those lessons (at least the ones I have pictures for).
Lesson #1: Don't sweat the small stuff (a.k.a. Pick your battles)
So she wants to wear swim goggles to Kohl's and Barnes & Noble. So what? And those people who stare at the circles they leave around her eyes and wonder what on earth happened to her? Just smile and leave them wondering.So she is naked again. So what? She was probably on her way to the dress-up box anyway. And as long as she's not stripping in public it's really no big deal. So far you've caught her in time every time she's done it in front of strangers...so you're fine.
Lesson #2: Helping makes for a happy and agreeable Kassie.
As the smallest in the house, Kassie is desperate to be like her older sisters. And that includes having to do chores. But unlike her older sisters, she still comes running when I ask for her help. She is the best silverware-put-awayer and laundry-pile-sock-finder I have.
If you haven't noticed from the above pictures, this girl loves to dress up. The older girls only put up with a little itchiness, but Kassie completely embraces all the tulle and lace and glitter.
When this girl gets into trouble and it upsets her (because lets face it, sometimes we tell her no and she laughs in our faces), she very sadly walks to her bed to cry it out. So if she has had a hard day and a princess dress doesn't do the trick, one self-imposed trip to her bed for time-out will probably result in a nap. And that truly does make everything better.
5 comments:
Now I know she and Davin need to get married, cause he's the best silverware put awayer in our house too! It's a sign. Oh, and he's naked all the time too... but he doesn't like pretties. :D
LOL! So funny! This post reminds me of how I used to judge people before I had kids of my own! The first time I got weird looks when Scott wore his Superman cape to the dentist was when I realized that some things are just not worth fighting over!:)
I love her self-imposed time outs to her bed. I put myself in that same situation all the time :) You guys really are awesome and I think Kassie is just too cute.
Such a cute girl.
That is one sweet girl - isn't it fun to get to know each unique characteristic of each child? You could have a dozen of themn and they would all be amazing in different ways:) Its so fun - and it gets funner all the time!
Post a Comment