I had a hard time with Christmas cards this year. I stressed and stressed about writing our traditional letter. I didn't really want to write about Kathryn, but absolutely couldn't leave her out. I didn't want to sound depressed, I didn't want to sound flippant...I just wasn't sure how to go about it. So I took the (wussy) path less taken: I didn't write a letter. It was the right decision, but it still felt weird putting just a card into the envelopes.
During the stress-out, I whined to Ed and he told me word-for-word what our Christmas card letter should say. So just in case you were all feeling a little jipped this year, this was almost our letter:
"Ed is awesome.
MaryAnn is awesome.
Kimberlee is awesome...and has braces.
Keira is awesome...and is obsessed with Taylor Swift.
Krista is awesome...and reads real good.
Kassie is awesome...and is sassy.
Merry Christmas."
And I would have added "Kathryn is our little angel. She's awesome."
There you have it: the Christmas card that almost was.
And because I can't seem to blog without adding pictures, here's a couple more card "rejects."
8 comments:
The Andersons are very awesome, Merry Christmas!!
LOL! I love it! I didn't do a card either this year...I'm just lazy I guess. You guys truly are awesome, by the way!
I agree. Andersons are AWESOME!
I don't even know if I'm getting a card out at all this year, so if you get one, then you are special.... and awesome! I love it!
That first year's cards (and even family pictures) were hard for me too. They didn't get easier as the years went by. I still type out all our names and feel like I am doing Sam an injustice for not listing his name. But would it be weird to add it? I don't know. Every year I debate with myself...look at the names...feel conflicted, and send it out anyway. I wish I could say that it gets easier in that department, but I'm afraid I will always feel a loss of what to say and do. I do like that I have our "Sam bear" to include in our family pictures. Do you have something like that for Kathryn?
Anyway, you sure have an awesome family. I love watching your cute girls grow up on this blog. Thanks for keeping it up!
You are all awesome!
I love my xmas card from you guys!!! Always good to hear from you :)
I love blog cards - I always know where they are and I can copy it easily to send to missionaries and grandparents that don't get the internet! Thank you, thank you for doing it this way! Keep it up!
Post a Comment