Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Thanksgiving Recipe

Take a car full of people and drive 9 hours to this place: Photobucket
Put a bunch of little kids at a table and eat a yummy Thanksgiving meal Photobucket
To make Kimberlee really happy put her at the adult table (with Miles) Photobucket
Have lots and lots of cousin time
Photobucket Photobucket
Have the guys get up really early the next morning to go hunting, then throw in a mommy time-out to this movie:
Photobucket
One day take a trip to the Russell Stover factory, followed by a random side-trip to the Dwight D. Eisenhower presidential library. But don't go inside because you will invariably have someone split his pants before you can make it in. Then give him Ed's old camo pants to wear. Thanks for the laugh Spencer.
Photobucket
Eat some Kansas BBQ
Photobucket
And let the siblings hang out (missed you Drew!) Photobucket
Have more cousin time
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
And just a general all-around good time Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Then spend one night cleaning up puke, followed by another 9 hour drive back to here: Photobucket
Add two little items to your "I'm grateful for - " list: that the 2 that were throwing up were able to get it in the bowl every time in the car, and that it didn't start coming out the other end.  It's the little things.

And that, my friends, is the recipe for 2012's Eagan/Anderson Thanksgiving Extravaganza!  We truly are grateful that we are close enough to family to celebrate together.  Thank you so much Eagans!!

(One other little note: I've run out of free space for pictures for the blog, so until I figure out what I'm going to do you won't be able to click on the pictures to make them bigger - sorry!)

5 comments:

Grandma and Bonka said...

Looks like a great cousins Thanksgiving. Too bad about the throw-ups. Spencer said all the food was delicious.

rachel garber said...

I just hit the same problem! I don't really want to pay for space but google keeps outsmarting all my attempts to outsmart them! Let me know what you come up with! :)

Sue said...

It does look like you had a great time! I haven't seen any of you in way too long.
As for the space issue, mine says I am out of free space too, but only when I try to add pictures to the side bars. Lame. Good luck figuring it out!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a good Thanksgiving, minus the whole sickness part. Hope everyone is back to normal with the craziness of the season upon us. I ended up purchasing the $5 a year for the extra picture storage, I guess its a small price to pay to keep our family memories documented.

Jamie Lamb said...

Looks like a fun Thanksgiving!..except for the throw up. Our kids had the flu the entire week!! Not so fun!

My email is lambfamily80@yahoo.com--let's swap mailing addresses, I don't think I have yours either!