Pages

Tuesday, January 08, 2013

2013

Was anyone else super excited to say goodbye to 2012?  I don't believe I've ever been so thrilled to see a year end.  Between being sick most of December and a grumpy attitude in general on my part, I just knew next year had to be better.  By the time we went to bed New Year's Eve Ed was feeling the full-blown effects of the flu, and I had tendonitis in my foot.  A fitting end to the year. 
 
Lo and behold, we woke up the next morning feeling great.  Attitudes had changed, the snow had mostly melted, children were pleasant, and we were able to enjoy the day together watching the Rose Parade/Rose Bowl and eating junk.  Hopefully a fitting beginning to a new year.  I look forward to it.
 
Our first adventure of the new year was sending Ed off to an undisclosed location for an unspecified amount of time...just kidding, I know where he is, and he should be home before school gets out for the summer.  We always hate to see him go, but pray he will be safe and are extremely grateful for Skype.  He enjoys feeling like he is contributing and getting away from the office.  I'm sure it will be a learning experience for all of us.
Happy 2013 friends!
 
Oh, and if you look up above this post you'll see a tab that says One a Day.  Nothing big, just a little project I've given myself of documenting each day with a picture.  We're pretty boring so don't feel like you have to follow along.  But if you're interested...

4 comments:

Jen said...

I love the one a day! We will watching your blog and praying for a safe return.

Bonka and Grandma said...

I love the one a day. 2013 is going to be a SUPER year.

Katielin317 said...

Hey lady! hope you are well and surviving your Ed-lessness. We'll be joining that state of life come April...Sounds like Ed will be getting home shortly thereafter. Anyway, I'm thinking of you!

Sue said...

I haven't checked in on you for a little while and I come back to find you are a washing machine repair woman! I also love your idea of the one a day blog. I made the goal to take a picture a day this year, but I like the idea of posting it.
Good luck with life without Ed for a while. It can't be easy. I hope the girls are on their best behavior...all the time :)