Nothing says Valentine's Day like Spongebob Squarepants, right?
We have survived another Valentine's Day! I've never made a secret of the fact that this isn't my favorite holiday, but this year it actually went pretty well. The 2 older girls made their own valentine's boxes (Krista's class made bags during school - hallelujah!) and all three addressed their own cards. Minimal input from me? Win.On Wednesday Kassie had a playgroup Valentine's party at her favorite little friend's house.
See, she just loves her.
Sorry the next few pics are blurry - I told Kassie to hold still so I could take a picture of her bag. Next thing I knew all the kids started gathering around to get their pictures taken. It was adorable...but laughing = shaking = blurry pictures.
Thursday I was all set to blare "Love Stinks" - my Valentine's tradition since college. I was interrupted, however, by a knock on the door. My sweet visiting teachers surprised me with treats. After they left, there was yet another knock. My squadron secret sister had dropped off flowers. Seriously, how could I get into "Love Stinks" when everyone was being so loving?
Of course holidays are really about the food, so for dinner we had our traditional heart-shaped waffles.Best part of Valentine's Day? A Skype date with my true Valentine. Love him. Maybe this day of love isn't so bad after all.
2 comments:
Very cute waffles. Looks like a wonderful Valentine's Day especially the skype date.
Kassie is so grown up. I hope I get the chance to really get to know her some day. Tell your girls hello, and love from the Stokeses!
Post a Comment