I knew for Spring Break I needed a plan, a break from the ordinary. I got lucky - my friend in Oklahoma City also had a husband deployed for Spring Break, and our Spring Breaks lined up. Perfect. We hit the road.
I couldn't believe how well the girls did in the car. It was only 5 hours, but there was no fighting, no emergency potty breaks, no "are we there yet?"s...okay, there were a couple of those, but I'll let those slide. They were awesome.When we arrived they immediately got to playing.
Thursday we went roller skating. There have never been skates small enough for Kassie before, so this was a first. She stuck to the carpet at first.
Then graduated to falling on the floor.
Then skating with lots of help.
Then skating with a little help.
To demanding no help - she got pretty good, and at the end wouldn't even hold on to the wall.
The other girls were there too...here's Keira:
And Krista:
And my Kimmee...who is not doing a crazy trick, she's just falling. Every time we turned around this girl was on the floor. I think she was just trying to go faster than her sisters.
Keira and Kimmee were pretty sore and bruised the next day.
We played Dominoes and Racko and Chinese Checkers.
Cynthia fed us yummy things, and the girls baked cookies.
And there was a lot of excitement over the dogs. Krista and Kassie were a little obsessed with them while they were in their cages, but screamed and ran away as soon as they were let out.
Too soon it was time to say goodbye. Woah there were a lot of kids.
One of my favorite people in the world. Thank you Cynthia!







3 comments:
I'm so glad you got out of town! I desperately need to just get away for a few days too. Darn school & work. It looked fun, I lived vicariously through you :)
Looks so fun! So happy for you that you could venture out for spring break. Looks like it was well worth the trouble. You rock!
So glad you were able to come. It was fun times. Seriously the best part was Lizzy saying, "how can you guys talk so much. I'd run out of things to say." She just needs to give it a few more years and she'll be able to talk so much too!
Just remember you are welcome anytime!!
Love ya!
Post a Comment