Pages

Monday, April 01, 2013

Easter weekend

I really hate having holidays without Ed.  But such is our military life.  Thankfully we had a packed Easter weekend so we didn't have much time to sit around and mope about it.  It was so packed that I wondered if we would be able to do everything we had planned.  I've never been so grateful for rain that cancelled several of our activities.  Phew!
 
Friday night soccer practice cancelled meant we could dye eggs.  Kimberlee said she didn't feel like doing it...but once that dye was out you couldn't keep her away.


Saturday morning the Easter bunny had come.  We really don't make a big deal out of this part - just a few treats.  The girls don't seem to mind.
A cancelled Easter egg hunt meant we could Skype with Ed, go to the library, Lowe's and the grocery store, and then we were off to our friend's pool birthday party.


I was so grateful I didn't have to get in the water - Dennis carried Kassie around the whole time.

I love this picture.  It might make the cover of the scrapbook.
That evening we had yummy homemade pizza and a movie with friends who were also missing the man of their family.  That's what this military life does offer - a chance to become like family to others who are missing theirs.

Easter morning brought more rain and storms - and not just outside the house.  I had some grumpy girls on my hands, girls whom it seemed had forgotten the good news of Easter.  I think we all were reminded when we set foot in our church building and felt the peaceful spirit there.  The 2 older girls got to sing in a little group for sacrament meeting and did beautifully.  The talks and lessons were powerful and my gratitude for Christ overcoming the bands of death increased.  I am recognizing that Easter may become a celebration of Kathryn for me.  How I wish I could be dressing her in a frilly Easter dress, but how grateful I am to know that one day that beautiful girl will LIVE.
My Uncle Doug and his family were driving through Arkansas on their way home from Spring Break and were able to spend the day with us.  So fun!  I didn't get nearly enough pictures with them.  Doug got all the kids going on a craft - tissue paper flowers - and then made silly faces so we could get a good picture of all of them.

A yummy ham dinner with them and our friends from the night before, even yummier cheesecake for dessert, lots of kids running around and having fun together, conversation with other adults...we had a wonderful Easter. 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad you had a lovely Easter. Love to you all!