So...I asked before how you make an ocean-themed room with a pink wall without repainting. The answer is...you don't. But you sure try. It isn't so much that painting that one wall would be difficult. The real problem is the pink heart ceiling fan that goes with the room - also easily changed, but not by me. The ultimate solution will be to move Kimberlee out of the pink room and put the two little girls in there. But for now, I did what I could.
Here is the before. A sad butterfly blanket on the bed, stuffed animals that needed to be moved, etc.
And here's where we're at now.As I've mentioned before, Kimberlee currently has a fascination with sharks and the movie Jaws. She loves the color turquoise, and she really, really misses living near the beach. She wanted a shark-themed room, but I talked her down to anything having to do with the ocean. Kind of. Some of those sea animals on her bed are from Australia.
This bottle will eventually contain sand and our itty bitty shells. Kimberlee picked out the sea turtle in Hawaii.
Kimberlee painted the ocean picture a couple years ago. The shells in the jars are from all over the world, but mostly from Okinawa. The little jar has our sea glass from Oki.
I know if I got busy with some paint I could do so many fun things with her room. There are also so many cute ocean/beach accessories that I could decorate with...but I'm pacing myself. Hopefully she keeps this theme for a while. For now, she's a happy girl.
2 comments:
Maybe you could make the pink wall look like coral or an eanemani.
Way to go! Decorating is kind of exhausting, I think...Good idea to pace yourself! Especially with kid rooms, because they request the most random things!!
Post a Comment