My sweet grandma, Josephene Chamberlain Foulger, passed away on May 2nd. We knew it was coming, yet were still a little surprised that it happened so quickly. Ed's mom graciously flew out to Arkansas to stay with the girls (Ed is still deployed, after all), and I went to Salt Lake for the funeral.
They let the pallbearers and honorary pallbearers place their flowers on the coffin. My dad gave me the honor of adding his.
These are the 1980 cousins. It was so fun having these two to hang out with at family gatherings. Grandma gave each of us teddy bear/balloon stationary with our names on it so we could write to each other and stay close. It was so good to see Brooke and Rhanda again.
All of the Law children were there except for Brian who is serving his mission. It's been a while since we've all been together, so pictures had to be taken. The whole family (minus 1 Brian, 2 in-laws, and 6 grandchildren)
Mom, Dad and 11/12 kids
The siblings (I don't know why we lined up backwards - it's oldest to youngest starting at the right)
The sisters (again, we're backwards)
Mom and Dad
I stayed with Amy while there - Anine and I were buddies.
The next day we met up with Irene and Tim at the This is the Place monument. I haven't seen Irene in almost 4 years, and haven't met several of her kids, so it was nice to get to know them a little better.
This is mostly what I saw of Rheanna :)
Dinner with everyone, some Duck Dynasty and Arrested Development then off to the airport again the next morning. It was short, but I am SO glad I got to go and be with everyone to say goodbye to Grandma Jo.
Grandma loved teddy bears and all the grandchildren and great-grandchildren got to pick out their favorites from her collection. My girls love their little piece of Grandma.

No comments:
Post a Comment