I have been neglectful of the blog, but the guilt has finally won out. Get ready for a smattering of little events that have kept us busy for the last month.
Soccer ended. As I mentioned on my One A Day blog, this season was weird - lots of cancellations for weather and other things. Keira ended up having the best schedule and playing the most. She also ended up learning A LOT this season and became a little soccer star.
See Keira run.
See Keira run some more.See Keira kick.
See Keira make a goal.
She had an awesome group of girls to play with and 2 even more awesome coaches who put up with those girls.
Kimberlee also had an awesome group to play with.
And an awesome coach.
I have no awesome pictures of Kimmee playing because I didn't get to watch her much. :( But she still had a great season. However, after 5 seasons of soccer I think she is ready to spread her wings into a different activity. Then again, she may surprise me when soccer sign-ups start next month.
Krista also played. And did awesome. I also didn't get to watch her much, but I did get to watch her teeth start to drop like flies. 2 out and several more loose.
Our big girl also graduated from Kindergarten. I'll spare you my feelings on the celebrations of mediocrity that are so rampant in our current society...focus on my cute girl instead.
The school sent home order forms for the program t-shirts, and told us to pick which color shirt we wanted - obviously the choices were pink, blue, green, orange (and I believe yellow). Krista's current favorite color is orange, and she was quite proud of the fact that she was the only girl in her class wearing an orange shirt for the program (she's in the bottom right corner of the group)
Krista got awards for reading with fluency and working well with others. Woot woot!Ed was finally able to get the boat out. It didn't work so well at first, but after a new battery we were ready to go. But this picture is really to show off Kimmee's CUTE new haircut.
The waterfall we played under.
This man sure loves his boat.
A silly day at the school playground.
One Saturday we taught the girls some life lessons. Work hard then play hard. Our cars and garage look so much better.
The "play" involved hobo dinners.
Gosh they're getting big.
Dinner was delicious.
Last week my 2 middles participated in Camp Invention. They spent the week geocaching, inventing and solving problems. Their main inventions were duck launchers - those rubber ducks flew across the cafeteria.
After 4 1/2 years of blood, sweat and tears, my Okinawa quilt is finally finished. It is so far from perfect...but dang it, I made it myself. And when you consider that I had to learn how to do it all from YouTube, it's not half bad.
Poor Kassie. All this fun is exhausting. And summer has really only just begun.

4 comments:
Thank you for posting. I love to see the pictures and read about your adventures. What a wonderful summer! Wow, Ed is super at basketball!
Just makes me so happy to see your family all together again:)
Happy happy happy!
I'm not sure if you'll see this post, but I wanted to say how cute Kimmee's hair is and how we totally relate to the tooth apocalypse. Nathan has lost 4 now and has another one loose. Also, I feel very lucky not to have had to celebrate Kindergarten graduation :)
Post a Comment