The last bit of our time in Idaho was spent camping in McCall. This is a special place for Ed's family. Ed is one of the older grandchildren, and is lucky enough to remember years spent in McCall at Grandpa B.'s cabin. The cabin doesn't exist anymore, but the Belnaps still love to be together in McCall.
It was pretty chilly one of the days we were there, so Ed took the girls to Burgdorf Hot Springs with the Eagans. This place is extremely old, but it was a highlight of the trip for Ed.Another morning we took a beautiful hike.
McCall is known for it's huckleberries and we found plenty to snack on along the side of the trail.
There was lots of time hanging out at camp. The squirrels were way too used to people and Kim and Keira enjoyed finding things for them to eat.
One evening Ed's cousin Heather came to hang out with us. Keira and Kassie wouldn't leave the poor girl alone. I hope she didn't mind all their attention. They just loved her.
Kassie would stick out her tummy and yell "fat stomach!" and Heather would obediently pat her tummy...over and over and over again. :)
Ed's dad tried to wake him up to do a polar bear jump early one morning. Ed told him he wouldn't do it. But the next morning they somehow convinced him to go. That water is cold!
The big reason everyone went to McCall was the Belnap reunion. We haven't been to one of these big reunions in 8 years - Kimberlee and Keira don't remember going, and Krista and Kassie have never been. It was high time we attended another one.
On Saturday there was beach play.
And a "spa." Keira was in heaven.
That evening was a marshmallow fight, yummy dinner and talent show. Keira found a cousin to sing a Taylor Swift duet with her (thank you Hailey!!!).
Sunday morning is always family pictures and a testimony meeting. I love this part.
Before the testimony meeting, Ed's mom presented Heather with her YW medallion. As a family we all worked on personal progress for Heather, and the medallion presented belonged to Grandma Belnap. It was so special - so glad I got to participate in that.
Anderson family
Some of the Belnaps (believe me, there are lots more who couldn't be there!).
We sure love these people! I am always amazed at how loving this family is - my kids haven't met so many of them, and yet they felt loved and included right away. Their testimonies and examples are such a strength to me. I'm so, so, so glad we finally got to be with them again.
Oh, and since some have asked, a quick explanation about the shirts: The original family was K&K and their seven children - they wear red shirts numbered 1-7 with an A for their spouses. There are 27 blue shirts - the grandchildren. The green shirts are great-grandchildren and there are over 60 of them. The next generation was just announced and will be orange shirts. So Ed is blue shirt #6 (I'm 6A) and we have green shirts #14, 23, 31, 46, and 58. Now you know!
1 comment:
I LOVE this shirt idea - that is so, so cool. I also love how you included Kathryn in this with a shirt of her own. You're such a strength to me, I hope you know that.
Post a Comment