Pages

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Merry Christmas, from the Andersons

I love receiving Christmas cards.  I usually love to send Christmas cards.  This year cards will not be sent.  We love you all, I've just had to let a couple things go.  And this is why:
 Due July 1st.
 
But I still want to update you all on our family.  So here is our lame blog Christmas card for 2013:
 
Ed spent the year living the dream, first with a deployment to Afghanistan, then working his tail off in the office here.  However, his dreams have taken on a different look - his active duty commitment is up in 2014 and we're feeling like our family needs to head in a different direction.  Ed has begun the search for a Guard/Reserve job and is lining up his certifications so he can apply to the airlines as well.  We hope 2014 has good changes in store for him (and all of us).  He is currently the Ward Mission Leader, so things never seem to slow down for him, but when they do he spends his time on the boat, working on house/lawn projects, and rearranging his fantasy football team.
 
I don't remember much before I got sick with this pregnancy, but a few things stand out for the year.  I survived Ed's deployment (including a full-blown episode of the flu - worst 2 weeks ever).  May was quite the roller-coaster as I traveled to Utah for Grandma Jo's funeral, came home in time for Kathryn's first birthday, and finally welcomed Ed home from his deployment.  Kat's birthday was a turning point for me - grief has been a much more manageable thing since then.  I am currently holding 3 callings (Primary Secretary, Relief Society Committee member, and organist), which are fine by themselves, but together are quite the handful for December. 
 
Kimberlee (11) is in 6th grade and her current goal is to survive middle school.  She was involved in several activities in the spring (soccer, violin, etc.) and decided to take the summer and fall off.  She still managed to get on the soccer fields every once in a while as a time-keeper for the 5/6 year old games.  She got an ocean-themed bedroom this year and is still fascinated by sharks, dinosaurs, legos, and Minecraft, but every once in a while she surprises us by asking for name-brand purses and clothes and painting her nails.
 
Keira (9) is in 4th grade.  She finished up soccer in the spring and has now moved on to gymnastics.  One of her favorite things in life is accessories - earrings, bracelets, rings, necklaces, hairbows, purses - and she has just added a pair of reading glasses to her collection.  She was selected to be part of K-Kids - the elementary school version of Kiwanis Club and has had fun working on the couple projects they've done.  Keira is my best at practicing piano and is always looking for someone to play games with.
 
Krista (7) is in 1st grade and bored out of her mind.  She loves her teacher and her class, but could use a lot more challenge, so please send any ideas my way.  Krista also finished soccer in the spring and chose to move over to gymnastics.  She is picking up skills quickly, and is often the only one who shows up for class, so she gets plenty of one-on-one time with her coach.  Her kindergarten teacher told her she needed to add more details to her writing, so Krista spends her time filling up page after page with her stories now.  She is always so good to play with Kassie when she gets home from school.
 
Sassy Kassie (almost 4) is actually mellowing out a lot...except in primary, where she still gives everyone a run for their money.  She started preschool at a Baptist church in town and wants to go every single day.  Her favorite thing is to be "snack leader" and she brings home all sorts of scripture stories and craft projects.  Kassie is the queen of dress-up and begs to wear skirts every day - winter has been tough for her.  She has gotten so good at apologizing, and often amazes us with how sensitive she is to the feelings of others.  She is so excited for her Christmas Eve birthday - she thinks she is 10, now her itty-bitty body needs to catch up with her mind.
We truly hope all your Christmases and New Years are full of blessings and peace and love.  Merry Christmas!

Love, the Andersons

10 comments:

rylissite said...

Merry Christmas Anderson Family!

Kim Tonmanikout said...

Merry Christmas to a sweet, loving family that I admire!

Unknown said...

Hope you guys have a blessed Christmas and all the best in 2014!

Gail Mader said...

Good luck with the transition out of AD. We are very happy we left & went reserve. It's scary, but TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!

rachel garber said...

I love this, this is just as great as a traditional card, maybe even better!

Jamie Lamb said...

Congratulations! I didn't know you were expecting, I'm so happy for you! Hope you start to feel better soon!

Merry Christmas, Anderson family!

Bonka and Grandma said...

Beautiful Christmas card. Merry Christmas.

Jody said...

So incredibly happy that you guys are all together and that you are healthy! I love and miss you guys a ton! Wishing you lots of luck as Ed gets all of his ducks in a row, moving on to the next phase of his career life. Tom's thinking about being a park ranger or a UPS driver after his AF 20 are up..... ;D. Congrats on the impending new arrival. You my dear, are very brave, and strong! And 3 callings?! Are they trying to break you? Crazy how it seems like they are making you use all of your talents at the same time... Well stop be so amazing all the time!! ;D.

Just so we are on the same page, we have successfully brainwashed Logan, and he knows that he will be marrying Keira after his mission. Logan is still my little love, and he is crazy book smart. He surprised me with his soccer abilities this year and became more aggressive. Sometimes he can be a little too polite on the field... Any way, I'm still campaigning to make Keira part of my family permanently.... Man I love that girl! And I love you and the rest of your sweet family. Love you!!!! Merry Christmas!

The Addams Family said...

Congratulations!!! So happy for you guys!

Armstrong Family said...

So happy for you guys. I love reading your blog. You guys are amazing!~mandy