Pages

Friday, May 09, 2014

April happened...

In April:

We mourned for sweet Heather, who after nearly 15 years of love and patience and making us better people, returned to Heavenly Father.  We wish we could have been with the family as they celebrated her life.
This one lost a top tooth.  It took way too much wiggling, and even an episode with Daddy's pliers, but it's finally out.
This one asked me to take her picture over and over and over.  So I obliged.
These found their way into our yard.  First time in nearly 3 1/2 years of having a forest for a backyard.  There were 4 (can you find them all?) and they were huge.
We put this lovely home on the market.  It has taken lots of cleaning and organizing and makes me want to cry.  But we can't stay, so renters or buyers need to come and love it as much as we do.  (Oh, and we found a place to live in Illinois - those pictures will come later.)
This one lost both top teeth.  She seriously has the cutest toothless smile (and the lisp has been fun too).
This one colored Easter eggs.
And so did this one.
And this one.
And the oldest as well...but she has become quite the little escape artist when the camera comes out.

We gathered for an Easter picture.  One of these people has gained a lot of weight.
I love this group.  And this holiday.
This one had a scooter accident.  Her poor face.
So did this one.  Her poor tooth.  The face is almost healed and the tooth will be fixed next week.
April ended with a horrible bang.  The tornado that came through Arkansas hit way too close to home.  We were completely safe, but several ward members were not.  Our friends lost their son.  Another friend lost their home.  We spent the week helping with meals and clean-up and donations and just loved these families as best we could.  Our hearts continue to ache for them.

Tomorrow is Kathryn's birthday.  We have a full day of wonderful things planned.  It will be good, and I'll be sure to post about it soon.

7 comments:

Ande said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ande said...

Sorry to hear of your loss and that you couldn't be with your family. The girls are getting so big and beautiful!! Seems like yesterday you guys left the island!! You look beautiful as well. I hope your move is stress free. hugs!

rachel garber said...

Sorry about your loss.

You are such a cute pregnant lady, I love it!

I thought about you guys with the tornado and I'm sad to hear about ward members but glad you guys are ok.

Aren't wilderness creatures fun? We had a fox go through our yard a week or so ago only to add to the: antelope, deer, porcupine, turtle, owls, vultures, etc. Excited to see your new house!

Grandma and Bonka said...

April was sure crazy for your family! So many things happening at the same time. Proud of the way you are handling all the changes and meeting each day's challenges and joys.

Sue said...

All those teeth! I'm sorry about the scooter accidents and the sad tornado news. That is completely sad.
I hope you did enjoy Kathryn's birthday. I thought of you and hoped that your family was enjoying the day as much as possible.
You do have a cute pregnant belly and I wish you luck and peace through the rest of the pregnancy. Those last few weeks are tough (physically and mentally). My prayers are with you.
Good luck with all the exciting things to come!

Sue said...

All those teeth! I'm sorry about the scooter accidents and the sad tornado news. That is completely sad.
I hope you did enjoy Kathryn's birthday. I thought of you and hoped that your family was enjoying the day as much as possible.
You do have a cute pregnant belly and I wish you luck and peace through the rest of the pregnancy. Those last few weeks are tough (physically and mentally). My prayers are with you.
Good luck with all the exciting things to come!

Anonymous said...

She cracked me up when I displayed her life size and leaned close to start kissing her! She is going to be a blast to have on display in my home life size in my digital picture displays. https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-d9h_d1HhcKs/U20XLy5NGTI/AAAAAAAAGQI/_EdshVUcm-k/s0/IMG_4643.JPG