I'll keep this one short and (mostly) sweet.
June began by sending this girl off to Girls Camp. This is her "Seriously Mom? You're going to take a picture of this?" face. I think I even caught her mid-"seriously".
Once we got Kimmee out of there we could welcome our visitors! Boyd, Rachel and kids came all the way to St Louis from Oregon. After a late night, followed by an early morning, the kids got to playin'.First on our agenda was going to see Ed at work. He gave us a tour of the C-40 that he flies for the Reserves.
It probably would have been even more impressive if we weren't all sweating to death. Still, I really, really, really want to fly on this plane some day.
Another day we had to go to our favorite St Louis landmark.
Some of us seemed to enjoy the height and crowded compartments more than others. I'll let you guess which ones. Keira was pretty happy to finally cross that off her bucket list.
Somewhere in there Nathan and Lydia got pretty sick, so we had to scrap plans for a daytrip to Nauvoo. Instead we stuck close to home...really close. We walked out our door to the creek in our backyard.
I'm just so impressed they made the trip. Believe me, I understand how much work it is to get a family of little ones across the country. But we had a great time, and my girls are now asking when we can see their cousins again. Next time in Oregon guys!

1 comment:
Dang it! I was really hoping to beat you to this post, but Miriam was born and the world came down around us.
We had such an awesome time, despite the heat and the sickness. I can't believe you want to hang out with us again after we spread our disease to you, but if you ever made the trip here we'd show you a good time! Multnomah Falls, the coast, the zoo or museums - you just pick the place. Looking forward to seeing you next week!
Post a Comment