*Find the book closest to you with at least 123 pages.
*Turn to page 123.
*Find the fifth sentence.
*Post the next 3 sentences.
*Tag 5 people
There were 2 books right next to me, "Take Care of Yourself" (Donald M. Vickery, M.D. and James F. Fries, M.D.) and "Emma" (Jane Austen) and since I love Emma the most I chose that one. Here's the quote:
"There is nobody half so attentive and civil as you are. If anything you are too attentive. The muffin last night - if it had been handed round once, I think it would have been enough."
I tag anyone else who wants to do it.
3 comments:
Ha! Emma is the book I've been readng recently. (I finished P&P a few weeks ago, and after Emma it's on to Sense & Sensibility......then maybe Mansfield Park?)
Wow MaryAnn. That's a fun way to play tag. Unfortunately, our "grown-up books" won't be here until tomorrow. So, the best I could do was out of the Magic School Bus collection of stories book that you gave to Dallin for Christmas one year. It just barely made it with 127 pages. Here it goes:
"To Carlos Island!" said Carlos as we rowed over to the brand-new Island. "I discovered it with the help of Dorthy Ann's books." "Carlos Island? You mean Dorothy Ann Island," Dorothy Ann corrected. Your passage was funnier............
Oh, don't you worry, I've read all of Jane Austen.... Well, not all... I have yet to read Northanger Abbey. But I've only read Persuasion and Mansfield Park once. The other three I've read several times. Have you seen the movie "Becoming Jane"? At first I didn't like it, but after watching the audio commentary I was convinced that the way Jane is represented is actually pretty accurate.
Oh, and although I never confessed my undying-ish devotions to Don Morgan, I think he knew I was into him (and I flatter myself that the affections were not wholly unreturned by himself). Dang it's good to write Austen-style!
Post a Comment