
This is Ed's brother Drew, and his new wife Terese. They decided to get married, so we decided to fly to Idaho for a visit.
I won't bore you with the details of the drive, let's just say 24 hours later we pulled into Ed's parent's driveway and I finally crashed on their couch.
We stayed with my parents for a couple days. There was lots of playing, babysitting, eating out, and relaxing. Our last day with them we met my dad in Caldwell and he took his granddaughters to McDonald's. Oh how they love Grandpa and Grandma Law!
After our stay with my parents, it was time to get reaquainted with the Andersons, including Ed's sister Nancy and son Jaron who flew in from Italy!










Krista especially fell in love with her Uncle Drewbaby.


Pretty soon it was time for the wedding. It was so nice to be back in the Boise Temple and to be able to reminisce about my own wedding there...7 1/2 years have gone by so fast! Drew and Terese looked nervous, but Drew couldn't stop grinning and Terese was beautiful.
After the wedding we had a yummy luncheon. Ed and Kimmee rang little bells to get the couple to kiss. Drew came over to give Ed a smooch instead.

Pretty soon it was time for the wedding. It was so nice to be back in the Boise Temple and to be able to reminisce about my own wedding there...7 1/2 years have gone by so fast! Drew and Terese looked nervous, but Drew couldn't stop grinning and Terese was beautiful.
After the wedding we had a yummy luncheon. Ed and Kimmee rang little bells to get the couple to kiss. Drew came over to give Ed a smooch instead.
Drew "puttin' out the vibe" (from Dumb and Dumber).Terese's family owns a candy store, so there were lots of yummy chocolates to keep everyone happy. The girls danced and played in their pretty dresses and got to know some of Terese's nieces. It was a good time.



Of course, there was a little of this:
But for the most part everyone stayed happy.
After all the wedding festivities, the bride and groom went on their honeymoon to Cancun and we spent our last few days playing in Boise with the Andersons. One big day we did these fun things (thanks to Nancy for letting me copy her videos):
All too soon our time at home came to an end. We rented another car and drove to Seattle to catch another space-a flight out, this time on a commercial airline. While in Seattle we got to spend the evening with one of my roomies from college, Eleanor, and her husband Paul and baby Alan. It was so good to see them and dinner was fabulous. We spent the night in the USO at the airport (which is a whole 'nother post), and got on our plane around 9:00 in the morning. That 9 1/2 hour flight to Tokyo isn't nearly as scary as I remember it being. One more 2 1/2 hour flight and we were finally home in Okinawa. It's so good to be back. We had a good time and loved being back in the states, but there really is no place like "home" (which is the term we use for "where our stuff is.") Good old Okinawa.

Of course, there was a little of this:
But for the most part everyone stayed happy.
After all the wedding festivities, the bride and groom went on their honeymoon to Cancun and we spent our last few days playing in Boise with the Andersons. One big day we did these fun things (thanks to Nancy for letting me copy her videos):
All too soon our time at home came to an end. We rented another car and drove to Seattle to catch another space-a flight out, this time on a commercial airline. While in Seattle we got to spend the evening with one of my roomies from college, Eleanor, and her husband Paul and baby Alan. It was so good to see them and dinner was fabulous. We spent the night in the USO at the airport (which is a whole 'nother post), and got on our plane around 9:00 in the morning. That 9 1/2 hour flight to Tokyo isn't nearly as scary as I remember it being. One more 2 1/2 hour flight and we were finally home in Okinawa. It's so good to be back. We had a good time and loved being back in the states, but there really is no place like "home" (which is the term we use for "where our stuff is.") Good old Okinawa.
(A BIG, BIG thank you to Nancy for letting me copy so many of her pictures and videos. She has a special talent for taking lots of great pictures, making cute videos, and updating her blog often. That's why we love her!)



8 comments:
It looks like you guys had a blast. We have been talking about trying to catch a Space-A for a little trip, just Jana and I, but I am always a little bervous about the uncertainty of it. Maybe we will try it next year for our 10th anniversary. Take care of yourself and keep in touch.
-Drew
What an adventure! Traveling with kids is always fun and exciting. It looks like you guys all had fun!
Looks like alot of work, but well worth it. I know how great it is to be with all the family when you have been away for so long. I am glad everything went well and what a fun adventure on the plane. That is definitely a fun memory for the kids.
I'm jealous that you got to go back home! But I suppose I'll be there this summer so I shouldn't complain. And yes, I know you're thinking, "Hello, you saw everyone this Christmas!" But my siblings have yet to meet Nathan so I'm looking forward to showing him off.
Anyway, it looks like you had a great time with the fam!
Yeah!! Fun new pictures. I don't know what I'm most jealous of...you back in Idaho, the people in Idaho who got to see you, or you having a husband. Truly a close race with the husband thing leading the pack.
I am so happy that you guys were able to go home together. The reception looked like a blast. Loves! -JC
How fun to go home! You must've had an adventure with the flying. Congrats on surviving! Fun pictures, loved the post.
I'm so glad you guys had a nice visit back to the states. We're glad to have you back here though :)
Post a Comment