I like to keep things on my blog a little more upbeat, but due to a previous post I need to share some sad news with everyone. I went in for a routine prenatal appointment yesterday, and while there the doctor could not find the baby's heartbeat. She sent me to the hospital to get an ultrasound done and they confirmed that the baby did not have a heartbeat. From there I went to labor and delivery where I was induced, and delivered a tiny baby boy early this morning. I was 17 1/2 weeks along.
Obviously we are extremely sad about this, but we also already recognize how Heavenly Father is taking care of us. As I was going from radiology to L&D, I saw our district president, who happens to work in the hospital. I told him our situation, and once Ed arrived he was able to come in and give me a blessing. After he talked to us for some time he mentioned that he wasn't even supposed to be there that day - it was his day off. We also have already received a lot of help and comfort from wonderful friends. Thank you all for your prayers and support. We are being taken care of, and we'll be okay.
28 comments:
There are no words to say how sorry I am. I hope you continue to heal and deal with this loss. We love you guys and wish we were closer to hug you in person.
I send you all my love and prayers!
I am so sorry.
i'm thinking of you.
I can't think of anything to write. I've been sitting here with the comment box open for what seems like hours. I'm stunned. I love you guys.
My heart and prayers go out to you. I've had you on my mind since last night. I wish I was there to help and give you a giant hug. Know that God is watching over you. May this bring you closer to Him.
Love,
Shaulan
I love you and wish I could do your dishes and play uno with the girls while you rest. I pray Heavenly Father will heal your body and heart. So, so sorry.
Our prayers are with you. Take the time to really enjoy the wonderful children you guys have been blessed with. All will work out in the end.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I can't imagine your grief and heartache, but it is good to hear that you are being taken care of over there.
I wish I could give you a big hug! I'm literally crying right now. I'm so sorry for your loss, but you certainly know that Heavenly Father has a plan and will pour out blessings on your family.
Our thoughts & prayers are with you.
I am so sorry! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
With love,
Jenny
I'm sorry to hear the news. Our prayers are with you.
Dear Sweet MeeAnn,
I can't even begin to describe how sad I am for you right now. I'm so sorry for you all. I know that the Lord is watching over you. I pray that your burden will be light. I love you all!
Love,
Cynthia
MaryAnn, I was sorry to hear about this. You have three beautiful little girls, and a little boy was going to be wonderful to add to that mix. You're strong, though, so I know you'll pick yourself up and triumph through adversity. Here's to hoping another little guy will come along soon, if you so desire it.
MaryAnn, we just had a loss in our family too. Greg's sister just lost her baby that was only 6 days old. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Maryann and Ed, I am truly sorry for your loss. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
Maryann, We are very sorry for your loss. We will be praying for your strength, comfort, and understanding. We love you.
Our deepest sympathies are with you and your family. We will be thinking about you.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Your family will be in our prayers.~mandy
I am so sorry. you are in my prayers!
We are so sorry to hear of your loss. You and Ed will be in our prayers!
Mary Ann,
I hope that you have received the comforting of the Holy Spirit at this time of loss... My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Sherrie
I am so sorry...I've been there a couple of times if you want to talk. I'm sitting here crying remembering all of the pain I felt and my heart aches for you and your family. You and your family will be in our prayers.
I was so sad to hear of your loss. Biggest hugs to you guys. You will be in our prayers.
I am so sorry to hear of your loss, MaryAnn. Just know that we are thinking of you and wish you speedy recovery! May you have the comforter there to ease your pain. Love you!
Rebecca
I am so sorry you had to go through that MaryAnn. I had a similar thing happen to me on my first pregnancy. I hope you are doing well. Love, Aunt Tammy
Oh, MaryAnn, I'm so sorry. I can't imagine what that must be like. Hugs!! You have such great perspective about things. You are amazing!! We're thinking about you and the Anderson bunch.
Post a Comment