They feel like they're about to pop. But at least the nails got some Cocok's festive-ness recently.
I am 39 weeks today and so happy to be so. My midwife says things are "favorable" for her to come any day, but since all my others have been born right around their due dates I'm not expecting anything until next week. Here are a few random things about this pregnancy that I don't want to forget:
*This girl constantly has the hiccups - at least once a day, and usually more like 3-4 times. I love that little rythmic movement.
*She is either really long, or loves to stretch because she is both in my lungs and making me go to the bathroom all the time. Mostly in my ribs though - I don't remember sitting being so hard with the others.
*We cannot come up with her name and it's driving me crazy. It's not for lack of trying - I'm pretty sure we've discussed every K name ever imagined (and made up some of our own), and while there are plenty that we think are "fine" there hasn't been one that has stood out. I remember our big debate with Krista was whether or not to continue with the K names. She was almost a Rebecca. But after seeing her we knew she was definitely a Krista Mae, and I'm hoping after staring at girl #4 for an hour or so that we'll just know who she is.
*I have had almost zero sciatic nerve pain. L.o.v.i.n.g. that.
*Kimberlee is old enough to understand this pregnancy in a way she hasn't with her other sisters. She loves to feel the baby moving. I think she has mostly gotten over the disappointment of having another girl, as her informing me she needs a brother has dropped to only about once a week.
*Keira wants to name her Kiki. Or Kashley. Or Kristina. Or Kiki. Yah, Kiki. Keira's biggest concern in life is that her baby sister doesn't have a name yet.
*Krista goes back and forth between ensuring that I don't pick anything up ("cuz you carrying a baby in your big fat tummy, right mommy?"), and insisting that her legs hurt and she needs to be carried.
*For the first time, Ed has missed every single ultrasound I've had - and I've had extras this pregnancy. I think I'm more excited for him to finally see her than I am for myself.
*I am not going to gain 50 pounds by the time she comes. That probably sounds like a lot to most of you, but that was my goal - keep it under 50. I've gained more weight with each pregnancy, but if things continue to go the way they have been, I may gain less than I did with Krista. I'm guessing walking to and from the school twice a day had something to do with that.
*I had the fabulous opportunity a week ago to take my dear friend Angie to the hospital to have her baby. Her husband is deployed, and I knew I couldn't have my baby until her's came so that I could be there for her. It brought back horrible memories of hospitals and labor that I've very willingly forgotten. But it was also one of the neatest things I've ever experienced. And tiny, adorable Davin has gotten me over my worries about impending sleepless nights and made me so excited to have my own newborn - that I don't have to give back every time she needs to eat.
*Losing a baby almost a year ago gave me some great perspective for this pregnancy. While Ed and Angie (along with our entire branch, probably) can tell you there has been plenty of complaining, I have been truly grateful every appointment to hear my little girl's heartbeat. I have appreciated much about pregnancy that I took for granted before. This girl is definitely loved.
We'll keep you all posted...
14 comments:
Yeah. I really can't wait to see her. I hope all goes well. I'm sure you will know her the moment that she comes so don't worry. Those are some wonderful things to remember about a pregnancy. Especially since it's not done yet. I love ya and can't wait for you to have your precious little one.
I love your list. I should do something like that. Hmmm... the only K name I can think of is Karma; there's a little girl in Aaron's batallion named Karma. Caught me off guard to hear it. Maybe you'll get lucky and have a dream of what her name is. We're still debating ours too, we're waiting to see her to decide. My feet haven't swelled yet this pregnancy, they did by this time with Jaron. BUT, I did have the mother of all leg cramps Monday and I can still barely walk. Aaron painted my toes... not as cool as your toes. Good luck in the next week! Can't wait to hear.
Love that you are so positive. I have never heard you complain!! You are all set to go because your toes look fabulous & we just want to meet her!!
I haven't heard you complain. You're so cute. How exciting that any day now you'll have a new sweet baby in your home. I'm very jealous. By the way, I found a "K" name I liked the other day. It's actually the name of a city around here. Kyan. You may not like it, but I thought I might as well suggest it since we're sticking with "T"s at this point.
My friend's baby is eight months and they went with Kycee. Their three year old is Koya. There are a few more names to throw in the mix. Can't wait for pics. I also love Karma.
I'm so excited for you to meet your little girl (whatever her name ends up being). Hang in there and good luck!
What a great post! I'll be thinking about you next week! Tell Keira that even though my name is Kristina, my nickname has always been Kiki. Even though I'm 31 years old, everyone in my family still calls me Kiki. For years, my little sister just thought that was my name!
MaryAnn you are amazing. I am so blessed to know you. I hope all goes we and she comes soon. Can't wait to see some pictures of her. You are a wonderful mom. We love you.
We are not set on any names yet either and it's kind of scary. With the others we just knew! I keep wondering if the baby will come home and be named "baby" for a month. Good luck with that!
Your toes look awesome. Hope everything goes perfect with your delivery. :)
I'm sure that the only reason I looked skinny to you is because you are so very pregnant. The picture of your feet made me hurt. You've probably already considered the following names, and suggesting them will certainly cement their non-usable status (it's the way the brain works), but I've always liked Kaitlyn. It's Irish for "pure." Isn't that sweet? Other ones I like are Kayla (Hebrew for laurel or crown) and Kaylee (derived from Kayla). There's another one, but I'm saving that one for me. You probably wouldn't use it, but I just can't take that chance!
I have never heard you complain! You are the sweetest and cutest pregnant lady BUT I can't wait to meet your new little girl. Good luck on the name! I do like Kiki! ;)
What about Karen?
That's a good name.
Kaya, Kyla, Kenya, Kara, Kylee, Kierstin, Kayla, Katie, Krissy...
So happy for you guys! Can't wait to see what you decide to name your little one. I'm sure it will be perfect! We miss you guys!
Congrats on Kassandra! She shares the same birthday as my dad. Glad all went well. Merry Christmas! Miss you!
Post a Comment