Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

The last 8 days

*We had a picnic at the park with some friends from church. They picked a good day for it - it was one of the only days in the last 2 weeks that didn't include pouring rain.
Keira and Krista playing a game - "Welcome to McDonalds, may I take your order, Big Mac, curly fries, soda pop and apple pie." And the person who goes the longest without smiling wins. Ed and I lose every time, especially against Krista.
I think it was a tie.
Kimberlee thought she was too cool to get her picture taken.
Caught you.
*Ed returned from a short trip to the states.
*We went to the squadron Dining Out. We last wore these clothes nearly 7 years ago for Ed's graduation from pilot training. We're both a little more pudgy around the middle, and Ed has a few more medals, but it seems like not much else has changed.
*It continued to rain.
*Ed left on another trip, this time to Alaska.
* We went to Keira's best friend's ballet recital. Rylissa did such a good job! Keira and Rylissa were in the same ballet class before Keira switched to gymnastics, and I was a little sad that she never got to participate in a real recital. I mentioned it to Keira and she said, "yah, but I like gymnastics more because it doesn't take so long to get dressed." Apparently the tights were the big downfall of ballet.
*It rained harder.
*Kassie was the star of the show at church today in her little hat. I had flashbacks to 5 1/2 years ago when this dress first made it's way to us, by way of Grandma Anderson:
This one is Keira. Yep, we see the resemblance too.
*I think the sun might actually be making an appearance! Oops, just kidding. Oh well, maybe in the next 8 days.

11 comments:

rylissite said...

Oh my gosh! I knew she looked like Keira, but I didn't realize they are twins 5 years apart! Holy cow, it's like the same kid in each picture!

rylissite said...

Oh, and Keira had the bugsy eyes too!

Nancy said...

You guys look so good all dressed up!! I'm impressed that you both still fit in those clothes... especially 3 babies later. I don't think my dress from that graduation would fit. I don't have it anymore so I have no idea. I remember Krista wearing the cute hat. I can't believe how similiar they look!

As for the quilting I'm working on. It's a wall hanging of Venice. It is a project that shouldn't take very long... but in the HOURS I've worked on it I've probably actually sewn for 30 minutes total. Between blow outs, Jaron feeding chocolate to the dog, Jaron falling off a bench and splitting his lip, preparing lunch, feeding Violet and keeping Jaron away from Violet... I don't get much done. It's pretty frusterating. I'm sure you understand. I'll post pictures when I'm done. Love you guys!

rachel garber said...

I love that blue dress - you look so pretty! Enjoy the rain, I wish we had some here :)

Jamie Lamb said...

Wow, those two sisters look like twins!

So Chandler came home singing that same McDonald's song last week. Who came up with this much-fabled McDonald's song, anyway? And how is it spreading across the globe like this?

Sue said...

Super cute girls! Thanks for all the pictures. It's fun to see them growing up...even though we don't see them :)

Law Family said...

I love blogging! So much fun to be able to see your children growing up from clear across the globe!! You and Ed look great all dressed up!

Shaulan said...

great update! Your girls are really growing up- I hardly recognized Kiera! And I'm jealous that you can still fit into a dress from pilot training!

Grandma and Bonka said...

Cute blog. Kassie looks so cute in the hat!

Allen Family said...

You two look great! The girls are so adorable. Kassie and Keira are totally twins. I didn't realized you had switched kids until I read that they were different little girls. I have that exact same dress only it has a headband/bow instead of a hat. So cute.

Music Mama said...

You look great! I'm impressed you can fit into things that you wore seven years ago. Your girls are beautiful, and happy belated baptism to Kimmee! :)