On Dec. 24th Kassie turned 1 - really? Yah, really.
I recognize that Kassie may hate her birthday. I also recognize that a lot of that may depend on me. I'm pretty sure this year I dropped the ball. But she doesn't know any better - she's 1.
She spent her 1st birthday in the car, driving from Denver to Boise.
I did let her stay in her pjs all day, lucky duck. And she got to open a present:
We also sang happy birthday to her and ate Hostess Cupcakes...but I'm a mean mom and didn't give her any. She would have just spit it out at me anyway.
The best part of her birthday was seeing her boyfriend. Just outside of Ogden we stopped to have dinner with the Stokes! Of course I didn't take any pictures (because I'm good like that), but Kassie and Davin acted like they hadn't spent any time apart...as in, they mostly ignored each other and played in the same vicinity...just like old times. Okay, so it was the best part of her birthday for me.
When we got back to Arkansas Kassie got to open her present from Aunt Nancy:
Just what she wanted!
Kassie Jo has quite the personality. I don't want to say she's been difficult, but...well, she's been difficult. She has been extremely attached to mommy from day one. She loves my hair and her binky, and if she can have both then all is right with the world. She can be really intense, clenching her fists and her gums together. But she can also be a little ham and more often than not she's grinning.
She loves music - she will fidget all through church, but sit transfixed for the hymns. She wouldn't stand on her own before Christmas, but this week she decided walking was the way to go:
Notice anything in this picture? Yah, the girl still doesn't have teeth. All the other girls had them at 7 months. Kassie is also the one most interested in table food at this age. She wants meat, and she wants it now! Who needs teeth?
Happy birthday, my sweet Christmas baby!
8 comments:
sniff...sniff.... I might have some pictures of the young love birds, I'll have to go check, then I'll put them on MY blog! ;) Happy Birthday Kassie Joe! It was my favorite part of her birthday too!
She is beautiful! Just like your other girls! Isn't it fun to watch their little personality develop?
It was fun to see you during the Holiday!
Happy Birthday! She looks like she does a great job at walking. Where ARE those teeth?
You guys make such cute baby girls! I would love to promise my boys to them, but I am sure you already have a waiting list! Happy Birthday baby!
Wow! It IS hard to believe that she's already one! What a cutie....like the rest of the Anderson girls.
Your new home looks great! Doubling square footage is a wonderful thing.
I've been wondering how you are doing with the move. Sounds like quite an adventure! Good luck settling in.
Oh she's just too adorable. I'm just getting caught up on your blog. I'm glad you are getting settled, and nice job on the house picking Ed! It is so nice, I have house envy!
She is super adorable. And such beautiful long eyelashes! How is it that everyone's kids are growing up so quickly?! Time is passing me by. I'm glad you're all settled in Arkansas :)
Post a Comment