Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Birthdays

As mentioned before, we had a couple birthdays last week!  I told Kimberlee after the craziness that was her 8th birthday that I would not be throwing her any more birthday parties.  Go ahead, call me cruel.  But I did tell her she could have a couple friends over.  Kimberlee even told Ed, "It's not a party, we're just hanging out."
 She invited Leisel and Amelia over Saturday night for dinner and movies and "cake" (donuts again, as requested).

 I write my girls a letter every year on their birthdays.  Sunday morning (her actual birthday) I read through all the letters and remembered a time when she was 2 and 3.  She had gone from being my sweet baby to a defiant toddler and I honestly wondered if we would ever get along again.  I worried about our future and thought I had lost my good-natured girl forever.  It's funny to me now, looking back, but at the time I was so discouraged.  Today Kimberlee is an obedient, laid-back, kind, helpful, responsible, beautiful young lady.  It has been so fun to watch her grow into who she is.  We are so grateful for our Kimberlee.
 With Ed home on Tuesday the rest of the celebrations could commence!  Ed got a birthday dinner of enchiladas, then homemade ice cream cake (thank you pinterest!).

 And Kimberlee finally got to open her presents!

No comments: