Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

3 months

1 month:

 2 months:

And 3 months:
A few observations about Karoline:

~She loves to sleep. She is happiest after a good, long nap. Our first day in the hospital she completely freaked me out when she slept from 3:00 to 11:30 - I tried my hardest to wake her up to feed her and she just wouldn't do it. Right now she goes to bed between 8:00 and 9:00 and sleeps through the night about half the time - the other half she gets up once around 4:00, eats, and goes right back to sleep until 6:30 or 7:00. She needs to be swaddled and sleeps best in her bassinet (not with me).
~She is growing into her name. We've kind of struggled to remember her name at times. At first we all accidentally called her Kassie and Kathryn all. the. time. The girls wanted her nickname to be Kari, but it hasn't really stuck. Our friends call their Caroline "Carebear" and my brother calls his Cari "Carebear" and we've tried "Carebear" on her a couple times...we'll see. When we call her Karoline, a lot of the time we can't help attaching "sweet" to the front of it...and singing a little song. Mostly I call her Miss K (Kaye?). Karoline is a big name for such a little person.
~We see a lot of Krista in her. Every once in a while I see Kimberlee or Keira, and I've even seen my sister Lizzy in her at times. People ask if she looks like Kathryn, and that's really hard to say - part of their "looks" are what comes out in personality (a smile, when they scrunch up their nose or blink their eyes), and we didn't get to see that with Kathryn. She mostly just looks like Karoline now.
~She eats well and smiles and laughs and "talks" and rolls over. She is one of our chunkier babies, and probably has the biggest head of them all. She has my weird ears. Her eyes are still gray, but seem to finally be getting a brownish hue to them. She doesn't take a pacifier, but likes to suck on her blanket. She likes to be held, but doesn't necessarily want to be touched. She isn't a cuddlebug. She has won the hearts of the ward, and I hardly ever get to hold her at church. Our older girls are constantly holding her at home.
~I knew having another baby would be healing, and it has. I'm grateful everyday for her sweet, precious spirit in our home. I was so sad that first month that I didn't seem to get enough time to just hold her and enjoy her - moving ruined my newborn time. Now things have settled and I'm able to spend my days loving her. 5 kids to take care of has been...an adjustment. Okay, it's been really hard. Karoline is so sweet and easy (so far), but suddenly it seems like we have a lot of kids! But we're grateful for every one of our Ks and their healthy, happy, fun personalities. This is what it's all about.

4 comments:

rachel garber said...

She sleeps so well! I'm sort of mad at you :) And in her bassinet!? Oh my goodness, you are living the life. I love her - how much does she weigh?

Jamie Lamb said...

She's adorable! She looks like a Law to me :)

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

Ok, ok, I called it - I told you her name was Kaye! Dag, you have beautiful K's!

Rachel Law said...

For the record, I've ALWAYS thought your ears were adorable.