Flying for free is definitely the best perk of Ed's job. This must be on the flight out because on the return flight poor Keira was really sick.
They looked at several houses, but the one in Kaysville was definitely the best. We put in an offer the next day and started making plans to move. The owner came back with a counter-offer. We countered again. He came back with "I'm 90% sure I'm going to accept your offer." We were trying to do this without involving any agents, but in the end we never heard from the guy again. It was super frustrating - we really liked that house.
Around this time one of our kids went through something really hard. Something we never would have imagined, and were not prepared to deal with. And that's about all I'll say about that. I don't mean to be mysterious, but it's not my story to tell. Ed and I were agonizing over how to help our precious girl and for the first time we were truly feeling like we needed the support that comes with living close to family. We hadn't found anything we were super excited about in the Boise area before, but Ed felt he needed to look again, and this time he found this:
It was spacious but not full of wasted space (something we didn't like in many of the Utah houses - too big), on an acre of land, in an area that was close to the freeway but out in the country, and in a school district I had been interested in. It had the kitchen and an extra garage that Ed wanted, and details I was hoping for (5 bedrooms, a nice pantry, central vac, jack-and-jill bath, an office, etc.). It was also only 10-15 minutes from my parents, and within a half-hour of Ed's entire family. The only problem was the price. But we went ahead and put in an offer anyway, without ever seeing the house. After the frustration with our last offer I wasn't really expecting much.
Lo and behold, they accepted our offer right away. It took a little while for it to all sink in, but once it did...the panic attacks started. It had all happened so fast...we still didn't know if we really wanted to live in the Boise area! What would this mean for Ed's commute? Living by family would be a wonderful thing...right? And would this be a good thing for our kids - one in particular?
Ed flew out to look at the house, and it was everything we wanted. We went forward with financing and a closing date.
In the end, I believe everything happened this way for a reason. If we hadn't gone through the trauma we had with our daughter, we wouldn't have looked for houses in Idaho. If we hadn't gone through it when we did, we wouldn't have seen this particular house. I have to assume we were guided.
Next up: we move to Idaho!


2 comments:
So you are in Boise? I'm just following this lovely story and it keeps throwing me for a loop because you keep playing with my heart strings as to whether or not you're really there! Because if you are, um, we need to meet when I'm there at Christmas.
P.S. I love that Karoline enjoys Aden + Anais blankets because that is ALL Nixon likes. He goes through a few day just sucking on them and carrying them around as he crawls and always has to have one in the car. They are the best.
Wow, you are moving to Idaho?! How exciting, I bet your parents are so happy!
Post a Comment